Dance Classes for Children
Age 2 1/2 years to 18 years
Visit HaverhillDance.com for additional information.
- JAZZ: (Age 3+)
A style of music, native to America, characterized by a strong but flexible rhythmic under structure with solo and ensemble improvisations on basic tunes and chord patterns and, more recently, a highly sophisticated harmonic idiom.
- TAP: (Age 3+)
A dance in which the rhythm is sounded out by the clicking taps on the heels and toes of a dancer’s shoes
- BALLET: (Age 3+)
- A classical dance form characterized by grace and precision of movement and by elaborate formal gestures, steps, and poses.
- POINTE: (Must have taken ballet for a minimum of 3 years to start pointe. Age 12 and older.)
- In ballet, dancing that is performed on the tips of the toes.
- LYRICAL: (Age 7+)
Lyrical dance is a fusion of ballet with jazz and contemporary dance techniques
- CONTEMPORARY/MODERN: (Age 7+)
Contemporary dance is a genre of concert dance that employs compositional philosophy,
rather than choreography, to guide unchoreographed movement.
- HIP HOP: (Age 7+)
Hip hop dance refers to dance styles, mainly street dance styles, primarily danced tohip hop music,or that have evolved as a part of the hip hop culture
- MUSICAL THEATER: (Age 7+)
Musical theatre is a form of theatre combining music, songs, spoken dialogue and dance.
- BROADWAY STYLE DANCE:
- ACRO: (Age 7+) (Outside gymnastics class encouraged.)
Acro dance, a dance style that combines classical dance technique with acrobatics
ADULT CLASSES 18+
Zumba is the name of a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto (“Beto”) Perezin Colombia during the 1990s.
Yoga refers to traditional physical and mental disciplines that originated in India.